Links to great online ART GAMES for Kids!
Manetas.com/Pollock – move your mouse to make a Pollack-like splatter painting
PicassoHead.com – drag eyes, nose, and ears around to make your own Mr. Picasso Head!
The Warhol Silkscreen Printing – make your own Warhol-inspired silkscreen
Tate Kids – great art games for kids!
Greek Gods Word Search
click here to print
Splash, Dash, and Splatter with Allegra Biscotti!
What’s more fun than flinging paint around? How about flinging paint around and, at the same time, spicing up your ho-hum jean shorts and sneakers? Allegra Biscotti can show you how to channel your inner Jackson Pollack (he’s the artist guy who became famous for throwing paint to make art) and create fab must-have fashion in your back yard.
What You Need:
- Paint brushes (try a bunch of different sizes)
- Fabric paint (available at craft stores— use fabric paint so your designs don’t wash away in the laundry) Try a rainbow of colors or stick to one color family (Purple Passion and Summer Sunburst are my current favs.)
- Newspaper or a drop cloth
- Jean shorts, jeans, or canvas sneakers
What to Do:
- Cover a flat surface with newspaper or a drop cloth. If it’s a nice day, work out in your yard.
- If you are doing the splatter-thing on your kicks, remove the laces first and stuff the sneakers with newspaper.
- Using the paint brush, flick, fling, or lightly brush paint randomly on your fabric. Make splotches or spots of color. Try spreading paint with a comb or a toothbrush for a cool effect. The key is to drip the paint from high above the fabric and to vary the size of the splotches. Before the paint dries, sprinkle on some glitter for a sparkly attention-grabber (shake off excess glitter).
- Let jeans dry flat for at least two hours before flipping them over and splattering the back.
- Make sure all paint is completely dry before wearing.